Volunteer wanted within the European Voluntary
Service in framework of ERASMUS + Programme,
We offer 1 place from 1st September 2018 (duration of the project: 12 months).
Volunteers will work with the local community in Biblioteka z Pasją. Our main customers are teenagers and young adults. We organize special events which include: exhibitions, a mobile summer library on the beach, music concerts, theatres, lectures, authors meetings and readings, art classes, jam sessions and many, many more, most of which are connected to pop culture. Our department has young, creative people who want to work for the local community and develop culture in Gdynia. Working with us, you will have an opportunity to gain experience in organizing cultural events, non-formal education, and get insight on how it is to be a librarian.
The library is an institution where volunteers work with people of different age and nationalities who are coming there as guests. The library consists of 23 branches, which are situated in different districts of Gdynia, but the volunteers will work mainly in one branch (which does not exclude activities and cooperation with other branches). The library also has the following departments: Collaboration and Promotion of Literature, External Communication, Administration, and others, which oversee the various levels of the functioning of the institution.
The aim of the library is to meet cultural needs of the society and to promote reading and education in various ways.
The EVS Volunteer will support the employees of Biblioteka z Pasją in their daily tasks, which include:
· Organizing and setting up special events (mostly related to pop culture)
· Language classes
· Maintaining and organizing books and shelves
· Decoration of the library
· Cooperation with other cultural institutions in the city (museums, theatres)
The volunteer will be responsible for:
· Preparing and leading at least one English conversation workshop per week. Leading it in his/her own native language as well is a possible option
· Preparing and leading presentations about his/her country
· Preparation and assistance in coordinating the summer "Library on the Beach"
· Taking pictures and / or video materials for the Library
· Coming up with new ideas about other activities connected to (pop) culture/education
· Interaction with the local youth and young adults visiting the library
Volunteer interested in taking part in European Voluntary Service should fill in this online application before : 3rd of June 2018
The European Voluntary Service (EVS) provides young Europeans with the unique chance to develop themselves through voluntary activities in a foreign country within or outside the EU.
We enable Polish young people from Pomeranian region to go abroad to work as volunteers.The European Voluntary Service (EVS) is open for all young people aged 18 to 30. The project can last minimum 2 weeks up to 12 months.
We also host young people from European countries for long-term voluntary service in our office and also in other NGOs and institutions in the city of Gdynia.